The Internet is good for something other then funny cat videos. Craigslist.org is one of the most popular online resources to find and buy furniture on Craigslist, as anyone who lives in a metropolitan area knows.
The Craigslist user-friendly classified website, is a good starting place to search for furniture to suit a new home, apartment or office. Even adding a new piece of furniture to blend with the old is something that you will find at Craiglist.org.
Instruction to Find and Buy Furniture on Craigslist Furniture
Its really simple just :-
- First of all visit the site Craiglist.org. and then, choose your city’s classified section.
- Click on either the “furniture” or “free” link, below the “for sale” heading. All the information advertised in the “free” section, is just that “free”. In the “free section”, you may find that the quality of some items listed to be substandard. These items are usually second hand , from people wishing to de-clutter their storage area, useful if you are on a limited budget.
- Create the search criteria. For example, interchange keywords such as “sofa”, “futon”, and “couch” for best results, if you are looking for a sofa. Search the name of your neighborhood and see what comes up, if you want to pick up from a seller nearby and do not have a moving van at your disposal. For example, you can type “Lincoln Park” into the search box. You can indicate a maximum or minimum price in the “price” search box, if you know exactly how much you can afford if on a budget.
- Carefully pick. Do not bother looking at posts without photos, unless an item’s description is unusually descriptive or you are feeling brave. Before purchasing, it is always best to ask the seller questions about the item’s quality, even the posts with picture can be deceptive. It is difficult to detect the extent of wear and tear by looking at a photo.
- Always contact the sellers. “The early bird really does catch the worm” on Craigslist. Do not hesitate to call or email the seller right away, if you see a particularly attractive item. When searching for a bed, for example, try contacting as many as possible, as not all will reply. In fact usually only half seem to reply to inquiries. At times only a few will still have a bed available and only one might be in good condition.
- If you are genuinely interested in an item, make a commitment to the seller. arrange a time and place to view the furniture and be sure to follow through with the appointment once you have contacted the seller. If the price was predetermined in the posting, respect the seller’s rate, but still feel free to bargain, it can’t hurt to try.
- Purchasing the furniture. Before purchasing the item, be sure to ask as many questions as you need. Once you see the furniture, make sure the seller’s price matches the quality of the item. Bring cash along with you to make the transaction an easy transaction. Be prepared and have a suitable vehicle ready for delivery of the furniture.as that is your responsibility.