Because of water and water vapors, the bathroom typically has the most moisture problems in a home. Mold is a type of fungus that grows in nature and eats organic matter. However, when mold grows in your home, it could slowly destroy walls, floorboards, carpets and even tile grout. It is common for mold to grow in places with a lot of moisture such as bathrooms and laundry rooms. Because some types of mold are dangerous, it is important to treat it immediately when you begin to suspect mold is forming. So, how to get rid of the mold in bathroom? Simple, it will dislodge from the grout by using strong chemicals.
So, in order to get rid of mold in your bathroom, try following the instructions below:
Things you will need: Protective clothing, Gloves, Goggles, High-efficiency dust mask, Water, Toothbrush, Trisodium phosphate (TSP), Spray bottle and also Paper towels.
- Put on protective clothing such as long sleeves, goggles, gloves and pants. Also, a dust mask must be worn to protect your lungs from inhaling potentially harmful mold spores and harsh chemicals, which could easily be airborne.
- The bathroom door should be closed as you work to prevent the mold spores from spreading to the other areas of the home. However, to ventilate the room, a bathroom window should be keep opened. Never clean a room that is not well-ventilated.
- Place 1 gallon of water in a bucket. 10 tbsp. of trisodium phosphate should be added or a common cleaning product that may be easily purchase at any hardware or home improvement store.
- The solution need to be mixed until the trisodium phosphate powder has dissolved.
- Take an old toothbrush dip into the solution and scrub the bathroom tile lightly. Even though the solution should be applied to all of the grout and all of the tiles, pay particular attention to the moldy tile grout. Mold spores are microscopic and it is likely that if they are growing on your grout, they are also on your tiles. Any affected area should also be thoroughly sprayed with at least five or six squirts of the cleaning solution such as Lysol Mildew Remover with Bleach or Tilex Mildew Remover, both may be purchased at a home improvement store.
- In order to break down the mould, leave the solution for at least 20 minutes, before wiping clean.
- Until the mold growth has been completely removed, you may find it necessary to scrub the tiles and grout again.
- In order to rinse the solution off the bathroom walls, the walls must be sprayed with a bottle of water.
- Take the paper towels then use it to wipe down the bathroom until completely dry.